Experienced Motorcycle Riders and Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Truck versus motorcycle accidents are among the most deadly and devastating types of traffic accidents that can occur. This is due to the fact that massive, heavy trucks going at even very slow speeds can cause riders to sustain serious, life-threatening injuries in a collision. Some of the reasons for this include that:
- Motorcycles weigh far less than trucks (Commercial tractor trailers can, in fact, weigh as much as 80,000 pounds).
- Motorcycles offer little to no protection to riders (i.e., there is no frame to shield the rider’s body from the impact).
- Riders will more than likely be thrown from their motorcycles in truck versus motorcycle accidents.
Causes of Truck versus Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the factors that can contribute to the occurrence of truck versus motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drivers (or riders) failing to obey with traffic laws (Examples include running red lights, cutting off other drivers, failing to yield the right-of-way to others, etc.)
- Drivers (or riders) operating their vehicles while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Drivers (or riders) operating their vehicles while being exhausted or fatigued (which can cause impairments similar to drunk driving)
- Drivers (or riders) not being focused on the road when operating their vehicles (i.e., distracted driving)
- Equipment on the truck or motorcycle malfunctioning (Examples of such equipment failures can include tire blowouts, brake failures, steering problems, etc.)
- Dangerous road conditions (which can include objects or animals in the roads, lack of signage, malfunctioning signals and/or a lack of lighting at night)
- Poor weather conditions that can make roadways slick and/or reduce drivers’ or riders’ ability to see the road in front of them.
When the negligence of a truck driver has played a role in causing a truck versus motorcycle accident, injured riders will likely be entitled to compensation for their:
- Medical bills
- Temporary and permanent injuries
- Lost wages and/or future inability to earn a living
- Property damage
- Mental anguish.
How Our Denver, Colorado Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of motorcycle accident that may have been caused by another individual’s negligence, you will need an aggressive, experienced attorney who will fight for your rights and help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
At McDermott Law, our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers have been committed to standing up for motorcycle accident victims’ rights for more than 20 years. While we are skilled at building victims’ the strongest possible cases, we are also effective at standing up to insurance companies and defense lawyers to help victims secure the maximum possible settlements for their injuries and losses. Those who choose to work with our trusted motorcycle accident attorneys can rest assured that they will be receiving the best possible representation both inside and outside of the courtroom and that they will have the best chances of resolving their case as beneficially and efficiently as possible.
For more information, along with a professional evaluation of your potential case, set up a complimentary consult with our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers by calling us at (303) 964-1800 or by emailing us using the form on this screen.