Experienced Motorcycle Riders and Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
According to the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles:
- Both lane sharing and lane splitting by motorcycle riders are illegal. While lane sharing is the practice of riding a motorcycle alongside of a car within the same lane in order to pass it, lane splitting involves riding motorcycles between two lanes of traffic in order to bypass traffic.
- Motorcycle riders can, however, “co-ride,” which is the practice of two motorcycles riding alongside of each other within a single lane of traffic.
When a lane sharing or lane splitting motorcycle accident occurs in Colorado:
- Riders may be entitled to compensation for their medical bills, injuries, property damage, lost wages and mental anguish if another rider’s or driver’s negligence or recklessness caused – even in part – the accident (i.e., if another rider or driver attempts to pass a motorcycle rider by lane sharing or lane splitting).
- The compensation to which riders may be entitled can be decreased if the injured rider was himself the one responsible for the illegal lane sharing or lane splitting that led to the motorcycle accident.
Lane Sharing and Lane Splitting Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Some of the specific types of injuries that riders may sustain when they are involved in lane sharing or lane splitting motorcycle accidents can include (but are not limited to):
- Head injuries
- Mild to severe traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Serious nerve damage (In the worst cases, permanent nerve damage can cause paraplegia or quadriplegia.)
- Back and/or spinal cord injuries
- Bruising and/or lacerations
- Burn injuries
- Disfigurement and/or scarring (Examples of these types of motorcycle accident injuries can include the loss of fingers or toes, hands and/or feet or even the partial or full loss of an arm or leg).
How The Denver, Colorado Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a lane sharing or lane splitting motorcycle accident – or in any type of motorcycle accident, it will be crucial that you work with an experienced attorney who will aggressively fight for your rights to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve. The Denver motorcycle accident lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC encourage you to learn more about your legal rights and entitlements by contacting us to set up a free initial consult.
For more than 20 years, McDermott Law, LLC has been dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims:
- Build the strongest possible cases
- Stand up to insurance companies and defense lawyers both inside and outside of the courtroom
- Secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries, medical bills and losses.
When you choose to work with our respected legal professionals, you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible representation and that you have the best chances of resolving your case as efficiently and favorably as possible.
For more information, along with a professional evaluation of your potential case, set up a complimentary consult with our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers by calling us at (303) 964-1800 or by emailing us using the form on this screen.