Concluding our blog series entitled Traumatic Brain Injuries: 6 Facts to Know When Applying for Disability Benefits, below are a few more important facts to be aware of when it comes to seeking disability benefits for TBIs.
Additional Facts about Traumatic Brain Injuries & Disability Benefits…
Fact 5 – Traumatic brain injury treatments can involve various types of care, some of which may be long-term.
Paralleling the complicated nature of TBI symptoms, the treatments for traumatic brain injuries can be just as varied and complex, as they will ultimately be geared towards the specific nature of a person’s condition. In fact, any combination of the following may be part of the prescribed course of treatment for mild to severe traumatic brain injuries:
- Surgical intervention to relieve pressure on the brain, stop brain bleeding, etc.
- Speech and language therapy to help people regain their ability to communicate through language (both by speaking and by listening/understanding speech)
- Physical therapy to help people regain as much of their mobility as possible
- Occupational therapy to help people relearn basic skills, such as those related to maintaining personal hygiene
- Various medications, including anti-seizure drugs, mood and behavioral medications, etc.
- Palliative care to try to provide the best possible quality of life, rather than treating the brain injury itself.
While the specific course of treatment for traumatic brain injuries will vary from person to person, the bottom line here is that it’s critical to pursue whatever treatments have been prescribed when applying for disability benefits. This is because administrators reviewing an application will typically need to verify that a person is making an effort to recover from his impairments (to the extent possible).
Fact 6 – McDermott Law, LLC is here to help people with traumatic brain injuries obtain the disability benefits they need and likely deserve.
Of all of the facts about traumatic brain injuries that we’ve discussed thus far, perhaps the most significant fact to remember when it comes to applying for disability benefits is that people living with TBI can trust McDermott Law, LLC to:
- Advocate their rights
- Provide them with the highest quality legal services
- Give them the best chances of obtaining the full amount of disability benefits to which they are entitled.
Additionally, when people’s applications for disability benefits have been denied, McDermott Law, LLC can assist these individuals in filing appeals, reversing denials and ultimately securing the benefits they need.
Denver, Colorado Disability Insurance Lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC
If you or a loved one has recently been diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury or with any type of debilitating condition, you will need an aggressive, experienced attorney who will fight for your rights and help you obtain the disability benefits you need and deserve.
With more than 30 years of combined legal experience, the Denver disability insurance lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC have been dedicated to helping injured individuals file disability claims, navigate the complexities of the legal system, stand up to insurance companies and ultimately secure the maximum possible benefits for their impairments.
Contact Us Today
For more information about your legal rights and how we can help you, set up a free initial consult with our lawyers today by calling us at (303) 964-1800 or by emailing us using the contact form on this screen.
From our offices in Denver, we provide superior representation and legal service to people throughout Colorado.